Spiga

Save My Communicator

I am a Mobile Blogger. I post my blogs from the comfort of my Nokia 9300. Yeah The Communicator. It is old and dying and you can help me save it by donating any sum of money. Email me at kumarbac (at) gmail (dot) com and we can always work out the other details.

Me - Conked... Zonked... Tonked...

So what's this conked word got to do with Me. I know... People who look chronically stoned should not be described with a minion word like Conked. But the fact remains that I got conked... First it happened yesterday. Then it happened today. I have been contemplating about dialling the magic number 100 (It's magical because the call lands in a police control room, where no one hears the phone ringing because they are busy with more important things.) and tell them I am Zonked. So what happened to me...
 
'Cause of my decreasing fitness levels I decided to revive playing tennis after 11 long years. So I pulled out my Rusty... (Sorry!!) Trusty Tennis Racquet (If you are wondering about the brand... It is a Wilson Nemesis) picked up my tennis shoes and enrolled myself in the TNTA Club in Egmore. My game has become a miniscule fraction of what it used to be. Changes... My body and mind were totally unfocussed.
 
Mind - Hey that's an easy forehand stroke.Why don't you pick it up and you know where to place it.
Body - Hey you think it is easy to even reach for the shot.
Mind - Of course man.
Body - Tell you what. you go play mental tennis.
Mind - And what are you gonna do?
Body - Those benches look comfortable, I am gonna go have a siesta.
Mind - Siesta is after a meal, usually in the afternoon.
Body - MIND your own business please. Don't teach me languages. Get lost.
But my mind has a mind of it's own. It made my body play for 60 long minutes. I love the game so much, that I have not complained to a soul about my body Aches.(Still ain't complaining, just blogging)
 
So it is the aches that make me feel Tonked off.

0 Comments: